At the start of the 21st century, the world around us is changing rapidly. The desire to rise above the rest, to encompass a multitude of talents and excel professionally while expressing creativity, is quickly becoming a necessity for all kinds of careers. Times are changing, jobs are becoming obsolete, and new fields of endeavor are emerging every day. The days of the specializing professional are coming to an end. This change is driving corporations to expand their search for multi-talented individuals; people who show an ability to be both creative and successful in many fields and are able to pick up new skills quickly and easily.
So how can a single employee excel over others? How can one quickly adapt to the various demands of the job? One way of doing so easily and with hardly any obstacles is by using your networking skills. You can get great advice and ideas from the right people. In order to make sure that you have the right people around you, you will need to practice, practice, and practice some more.
Here are the 7 pillars of the World Class Business Networking Model:
- The Value system – what it is and how to create it systemically and systematically.
- The art of giving to givers – what to give, when to give and to whom; How to identify givers.
- Giving and receiving – have the right balance and sensitivity.
- The art of dialog – How to listen, engage in conversation and create trust.
- Promoting yourself and your business – the very intricate relationship buildup; how to promote without becoming a salesperson.
- Your personal advisory board – your best trusted friends who support your vision and personal career strategy.
- The influence turning point – when people start to follow you and your personal brand.